Saturday, February 18, 2012

Innocence in chaos

Via Flickr:
This year this was my second visit to Kumartuli during my stay of 2 weeks at Kolkata. Kumartuli is colorful and eventful almost always. There is a saying that goes like “we Hindus have 13 festivals to enjoy in 12 months”; and almost all of them need a separate kind of Idols and accessories. And Kumartuli is the one stop shop for all that.

Personally I love this frame because of the light, the kid standing, the half dry cloths hanging and all the stuff here. I took this picture at evening; strong halogen light from left; no other light source. I was a bit skeptical while taking the picture; but I guess I managed a good output.

Venue : Kumartuli, Kolkata [ Calcutta ], West Bengal, India
Lens : Tokina ATX Pro SD 11-16mm F2.8 (IF) DX

©All rights reserved
Do not use this image without my permission.
You can mail me on sukanta.maikap@yahoo.com for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment